We have been doing a lot of running around and that means we had limited home cooked meals. At least real meals. Ones that were planned out and involve pots and pans.
I think it helped that a few weeks ago I got Cooking Light in the mail. I love flipping through that magazine and tagging recipes that look good. I always come up with at least 2 or 3 I want to make. This recipe comes from the September 2014 issue. I saw it and immediate knew we needed to have it for dinner.
Hopefully we will be having more "real" dinners at home because this one was a treat.
Creamy Pork Chops and Mushrooms
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: saute entree mushrooms pork
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup unseasoned long-grain and wild rice blend
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut loin pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 12 ounces fresh cremini mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
Cook rice according to package directions.
While rice cooks, melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add chops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
Add rosemary, mushrooms, and onion to pan; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle mushrooms with flour; toss to coat. Stir in wine and chicken stock, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
Return pork chops and any accumulated juices to pan. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until done.
Stir hazelnuts, parsley, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper into rice.
Arrange pork chops on a serving platter. Simmer sauce, uncovered, 2 additional minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream. Serve pork chops with mushroom sauce and rice.
Powered by Recipage