Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Scrumptious meal for one: Eggs Italian-style


There are times when I am by myself for dinner and although I love to cook it really is not enjoyable for me to prepare a meal unless I can share it with someone. Many a times when I am alone I end up with cereal, cheese, or sadly a frozen meal. It's pathetic really but also quick and easy. Recently however I found a recipe in Food and Wine magazine on a dish I had heard of before but never really knew how to put together. Well, it is the simplest thing ever and my new preferred method of eating eggs.
The article used this dish as breakfast but I think it is the perfect winter time meal for one. To read said article click HERE.

Eggs Italian-style

About 1/2 C tomato sauce
2 eggs
a bit of cheese
salt
pepper
Italian spices

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a ramekin put tomato sauce. (you can used homemade, canned pizza sauce, or jarred pasta sauce - the better the sauce the better the dish) Crack two raw eggs on top. Salt and pepper to taste.

3. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the egg whites turn white and start to look dry.

4. Remove from heat and top with cheese and Italian seasonings to taste. (again I have used all sorts of random leftover cheese -mozzarella, Parmesan, and cheddar work best).

5. Put back in oven till cheese is melts.

6. Let rest till able to eat. The sauce gets really hot and it is easy to burn your mouth so be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...