Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Brunswick, Maine

I had a lovely lunch yesterday in a bakery in Brunswick, Maine called Wild Oats. One of the things I like most about traveling for work is finding and enjoying really good food places across the country. No matter who you meet and speak to, you can always get on the topic of food. Everyone has there own opinions about what is good, and what isn't. Most of the time though the recommendations we get are pretty good. I had actually been to Wild Oats before I started going to Bowdoin College for work. It is right on Main street. They have a wide variety of granola, soups, sandwiches, breads, and sweet bake goods. Each thing I have ever tried has been delicious. My Almond Joy bar. It was so delicious and I couldn't help getting a sweet treat at a place where every time you turned around another delicious smelling snack was calling your name.
I had a open face veggie melt on Anadama bread. There was boursin and provolone cheese and lots of veggies. Perfect for a somewhat cloudy cool day.
Wild Oats turkey club on Anadama. A huge sandwich!

I only wish I could have gotten more pictures of the baked good cases. They have about 20 different varieties of bars, and 20 more different types of cookies. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...