Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cold wintery night

When I came home last night from the gym I was so cold.  I was also a bit sweaty from my run so the first thing I wanted to do was to take a nice HOT shower.  Now, I got the water all warmed up and I jumped in.  And what did I feel?  PAIN!  Cold skin and hot water do not mix.  Instead you get an intense burning sensation.  This was not what I had in mind.  

I was satisfied later with a nice warm meal.  A crockpot creation that is one of the perfect throw it all in recipes. 


Beef and Button Mushroom Stroganoff
Ingredients:
1 1/2LB beef round steak, cut into strips
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
20 button mushrooms, sliced
1 1/2C beef broth
1/4 C white wine
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 C sour cream
1/4 C flour
4C egg noodles, cooked and drained
2 TBSP parsley


This was the first time I used the Reynolds plastic liners for the crockpot.  It was amazing.  When the meal is done you just throw out the bag. No cleaning required!


1. Dredge the beef strips in the flour, salt, and pepper.  Place the beef strips in the Crockpot.

2.  Add the mushrooms, onions, beef broth, wine, and Worcestershire sauce.

3.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

4.  Before serving, combine the sour cream and flour thoroughly, and add to the beef mixture.  Mix well and let cook for 10 more minutes.

5. Serve with egg noddles and garnish with parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...