Monday, January 17, 2011

Orange Chicken

Good Morning!  So begins the work week all over again.

It might have been the illness but Jordan kept saying I was the perfect wife this weekend.  I am not going to deny this; I kind of think I am a great homemaker.  I wish that could actually be my occupation.  This weekend though I cooked, and cleaned, and organized, all while nagging Jordan to drink fluids and take his medicine.  I didn't complain once that the TV was on nonstop all day to ESPN. 

In order to get Jordan to actually taste dinner I decided to spice it up a bit.   I am not really sure where this recipe comes from.  I got it from my mom, the version she uses is handwritten.  Sometimes I think these are the best recipes.  My copy is somewhat faded so I did my best to get it right.  The finished product was pretty good; I must have been close.

Orange Chicken

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb sliced chicken breast
1/4 C sliced orange peel
1 minced garlic clove
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 C chicken broth
1/4 C soy sauce
1/4 C dry sherry
1/4 C orange marmalade
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper


1. Stir together wet ingredients with cornstarch, crushed peppers, and orange marmalade.


2.  Add 2 Tbsp of oil to wok.  Heat and then add chicken.  Cook through, sides should start to brown.  Add garlic, orange peel, and ginger to wok.  Cook for 1 minute.



3.  Add liquid mixture to pan and cook till thickens stirring the whole time.  This should take about 2 minutes. 


4.  Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...