Monday, April 18, 2011

Seasoned chicken tenders


While I was away last week a package arrived in the mail for me from the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program.  Inside was quite the variety of Tostitos and Lay's Dip Creations seasoning mixes: Fresh Made Guacamole, Garden Onion and Country Ranch.  Why does all the fun mail come when I am away?  Its always bills when I am around to collect it.

Anyway it was perfect timing because I was planning on making chicken tenders for dinner. We opted for the Garden Onion package.

I used a simple egg wash as the first dip.

And I mixed about 3/4 whole wheat bread crumbs with the seasoning packet.


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Place chicken on greased cookie sheet. 


There was lots of chicken tenders.


Bake for 25-30 minutes till done, the crumbs will be slightly toasted.


Serve immediately.


Yum! I was a bit leery about if I would like this or not.  I am pretty sensitive to salty foods and packages like this are loaded with sodium.  These actually added a nice flavor to the bread crumbs. Overall the chicken tenders were pretty healthy as they were baked.


Also good as a salad topper which I had the following day for lunch.

I am looking forward to trying the other varieties of seasonings.  I am thinking the Country Ranch would be really good with the same recipe.

1 comment:

  1. It looks really yummy. I love breaded chicken, and usually use just plain breadcrumbs that I make at home, egg and some seasonings, but this looks yummy! Did yo try other 2 kinds? How did they turn out?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...