Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Shrimp and Noodles

There are some days when it seems as if nothing goes right.  Or at the very least things that should be relatively simple become oh so complicated.  This week has been just that. 

I try to get as much as possible done on the weekends so I don't have to worry about much at least for the first few days of the week.  I thought I did pretty well last weekend but come Monday I already had a to-do list.  I wasn't upset though because they were just little things here and there that were easy to fit in...or so I thought.  Let me tell you that not one of my to-dos got done without a massive complication.  Some things can be just a pain! 

Thus, I was some completely happy to realize that one of the dinners for the week was stir-fry.  This is one area that Mr. J knows how to get things done.  On stir-fry nights dinner will be good and I will have to do very little.  Well, let me take that back I will do the dishes and that is never a little task when Mr. J is in the kitchen but all of the same it is one good dinner and well worth the dish mess.


Mid-Week Stir-Fry Sauce
2 -3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon red pepper flake
1 Tablespoon sriracha sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups chicken broth



My first thought was wow that is a ton of liquid.  We used about 1/2 of this container for dinner.  The rest will stay in the fridge for about two weeks.  

This sauce is fairly mild in taste.  We added more sriracha sauce as a final topping. 







5 comments:

  1. Yum, this sounds like a great stir-fry and I love the shrimp in it along with the spiciness of the siracha. Perfect for a weekday :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate washing dishes. But I do love eating stir-fry! :) Good job Mr. J!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I love stir fry especially with shrimp :D It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always forget how fast and easy stirfries are. And those shrimp look so fresh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...