Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Saltwater Cowboy


Can you imagine a more perfect place to dine?  This is the hidden gem to St. Augustine. A bit off the beaten path but you couldn't find a better place to eat.  The building is suppose to resemble an old fishing lodge.  And who might you find inside?  No other than some saltwater cowboys.

Welcome to the Saltwater Cowboys 


The drinks are named creatively like the Swamp Thing.  Yes, it was that ugly green color but you know me and my green monster smoothies. I had no problem having a sip. It was sweetened with grenadine and went down smooth.

Mr. J got the Saltwater Cowboy.  If I new more about mixed drinks I would go into more detail about what exactly was included in this one but I know there was some sour mix in it. I puckered and then passed it back.

We had to get the Florida Cracker" Combo with frog legs, catfish and alligator tail.  It fit right in with the Swamp Thing drink.


And coconut shrimp always screams Florida to me.


I got the Cowboy's Jambalaya.  It was a serious portion of jambalaya with sausage, oysters, shrimp and chicken.  And the corn bread was the best I have ever had.  Seriously!  We had two servings left over for the next day.


Mr. J got some pit BBQ with ribs and shrimp.  So far the theme of our eats has been the shrimp and this meal has been no exception.


If you go to St. Augustine this is a must visit.  Good food, great service, and awesome atmosphere!  You couldn't ask for a better time.

10 comments:

  1. This looks like a gem of a place. Out of the way and a great view. Sometimes the less commercialized a place is the better the food is. This is no exception-the seafood plates look awesome. Thanks for sharing you dining experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a gem of a place. Out of the way and a great view. Sometimes the less commercialized a place is the better the food is. This is no exception-the seafood plates look awesome. Thanks for sharing you dining experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dining spot looks like a hidden treasure...love the rustic look...and the food looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome rustic style dining spot - I am jealous of all this variety :D
    I bet you had a wonderful time there!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  5. St. Augustine is so fun, but I've never been to this restaurant! I will try to go next time I am in the area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a great time in the area. I am jealous you get the warmth all year long :)

      Delete
  6. Now I'm wanting some coconut shrimp! Thank you for sharing this delicious Florida meal. I hope you are having a lovely week. Weather is warm in Austin, and we are anticipating crowds for SXSW. Hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your top photo! Would you believe I've never been to Salt Water Cowboys?! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it. We had a great meal.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...