Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Orange Berry Smoothie and WIAW






I would have to say one of my favorite parts of the day is the morning.  I wake up first.  Enjoy my first cup of coffee and just sit peacefully.  I watch the sun rise.  Mornings are quiet time.


Breakfast is always a good time. I enjoy the more simple cereal, toast, and smoothie type breakfasts.  No eggs needed for me, unless of course it is a huge omelette and chocolate chip pancakes on the side. Oh and I don't have to do the dishes.  Anyway,  I had an amazing breakfast with this orange berry smoothie.  It is definitely a keeper and true cold fighter. The recipe is super simple and at the bottom of the post.


I think my past Wednesday posts are somewhat skewed as it seems like I eat out all of the time. Although I love good night out, I much prefer a meal that Mr. J and I create together in the home kitchen.  

When left to my own devices I ate more like this for lunch...lots of fruit and basic sandwiches. The only must is good bread.  This sandwich was fontina cheese, sliced turkey and spinach.  Whole wheat Great Harvest bread. My bread imported from Michigan is almost gone and I am super sad.  I am probably the only person in the history of the world that packs whole loaves of bread in their carry on bags.

Two fruits for fun. This is what I packed for the day. The orange got eaten, the apple did not.


I added these at the last minute as a splurge. It has been a rough week at work already and these definitely help. I actually saved these for my long journey to Syracuse.  5 hours in a car by yourself is not the most entertaining experience.


Dinner was at Delmonico's Steakhouse. I have posted about this before...basically it is located just across the street from the hotel and in terms of convenience you cannot beat it.  I always debate when I am by myself if I should be the strong person and dine alone or just wuss out and get take out. 

Tonight take out won more because I had work that needed to get done.  It is pretty pathetic for me to drag my computer into the restaurant to use while eating.   


I got the house salad and a side of broccoli. The "steamed" broccoli was also topped with loads of butter. Why do restaurants insist on so much butter?  I ate it all except for the 3 black olives and one slice of very thick onion.


The meal was Veal Parmesan. I cannot help myself. I love it and never make it at home.  Again the portion was gigantic. I did a great job of only eating half.  They also gave me basically a demi loaf of bread which I didn't touch at all.

My question is if you order take out do you still tip?  Mr. J does all of the time. I do some of the time. It depends on the packaging and efficiency of the pick up.  Or if they are friendly...friendliness wins always.

I didn't get any silverware with the food so I had to hunt around to find some. This is not what I wanted to do at 7:15pm with the yummy smelling food in front of me.


I ate at this lovely desk in the middle of my room. I have a suite tonight and the room set up is so bizarre.  I think I am going have trouble sleeping with this massive wood creation right in front of me.

Orange Berry Smoothie
by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 5 minutes









Ingredients (serves 2)
  • 1 cup OJ with pulp
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1 cup frozen raspberries
Instructions
Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
Powered by Recipage

16 comments:

  1. Oooh, that looks like a tasty smoothie! :) The consistency is great, and the color - yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did turn out awfully pretty. I am so used to the green with spinach that I forgot how pretty the berries really are.

      Delete
  2. I know that you travel a lot which entails eating out a lot and I can completely understand that you enjoy having meals at home. Funny, with me I enjoy eating out more because it is a rarity.
    All of this looks delicious, but I have to say I would take the smoothie first-healthy, fresh and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that you travel a lot which entails eating out a lot and I can completely understand that you enjoy having meals at home. Funny, with me I enjoy eating out more because it is a rarity.
    All of this looks delicious, but I have to say I would take the smoothie first-healthy, fresh and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not all that nuts about Delmonico's...but maybe that's because I'm a vegetarian and it's a steakhouse. I HATE the no silverware problem. I had that issue went I went to NJ a few weeks ago. I got dessert to-go, but had no fork to eat it with! I had to go down to the lobby in my cupcake pj's to steal from the continental breakfast buffet's supply. Embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I would have been working the front desk I would have enjoyed the cupcakes!

      Delete
  5. These look delicious! Love the flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, the smoothie DOES look tasty! I've never packed bread in my suitcase, but I've certainly packed other food items I've found on my travels! I understand you perfectly, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking smoothie! (I eat mine from a bowl too...that way i can sprinkle cereal on top)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about eating them with a spoon that make them much more filling.

      Delete
  8. ooo that smoothie looks delicious! I'd take that any day for breakfast :) I honestly always forget about making smoothies in the morning, on my list of things to do now! I think it depends on the take out for tipping? I usually don't when we grab Chinese food?? Good question! Hahah let me know when you find out what were supposed to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love finding new smoothie recipes...yours sounds great! I think I know what I'm making for breakfast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never added orange to a smoothie and I don't know why! lol It sounds so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love a super thick smoothie too! this one looks amazing and so bright in colour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The smoothie looks delicious! I love that you used orange juice, I am going to have to think about using that with berries next time I make a smoothie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...