Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sweet Dough and WIAW


There are some days I am a bit embarrassed by what I eat.  This week I have had many of those days.  Meals are not balanced and not colorful of pretty fruits and vegetables. There is massive amounts of coffee.


Unfortunately I also learned to make this sweet dough.  A completely versatile recipe that is very easy to make and last forever in the fridge. OK maybe not forever but a good 5 days.  This means that you can make fresh sweet treats all week long. 


My first creation was a sweet loaf with cream cheese, cinnamon sugar, and walnuts inside.  I added a few dabs of butter on top and cooked the baby up for 20 minutes.  It was good. Real good. I had some for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.


5 Minute Sweet Dough

by Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: At least 24 hours resting



Ingredients (2 recipes)
  • 1 3/4 cups lukewarm water
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoon instant yeast
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoon kosher salt (or 1 1/2 tsp table salt)
  • 4 lg eggs, slightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 7 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
Instructions
In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, water, honey, melted butter, yeast and salt. Stir well with a wooden spoon.

Pour liquids into a stand mixer with dough hook. Add in the flour. Turn on low until you don’t see any more dry bits of flour and the dough pulls from the side of the bowl.

Cover (not airtight) and stick it in the refrigerator overnight, or up to 4 days. The longer you let it sit around in the refrigerator, the better flavor of the dough.
Powered by Recipage

Breakfast was a smoothie that ended up more like a shake. 1 banana, 1 cup fresh strawberries, 1 cup coconut milk, and 1 tsp ginger powder. Great way to start the day.






Lunch was a frozen Healthy Choice meal. Sometimes a girl's schedule means a bit of convenience.  I paired this with an apple and celery sticks.

Dinner was for pretty foul pizza in North Philadelphia. Good thing I packed some of the sweet loaf.  That is what made the night.  What did you eat Wednesday?



18 comments:

  1. That book keeps popping up today, truly a treasure trove of recipes in there! Not only is this an easy recipe but I like that you can keep the dough in the fridge. Perfect for when surprise guests come over!
    I know my eating habits are not perfect either, but I do see an improvement from last year, so that keeps me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Improvement is always good and there is always room for more.

      Delete
  2. This dough is a simple and heavenly recipe to have on hand my friend - it looks stunning!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweet dough sounds delish! I think we all have weeks where some times it's not as healthy as others! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow nice love this dough/ Love that you bake. Quite accidentally bumped into your site and what are the odds we are #breakingbread and this month we are loving focaccia. Pls join!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gawd. This is incredible. Seriously, I might pass out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't want anyone passing out on my behalf :)

      Delete
  6. This looks amazing, Emily!! I have that book and I have yet to really dig into it and it looks like I am totally missing out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this recipe on the web but now I am going to go out and get the book.

      Delete
  7. Oh wow! This looks amazing. I am pretty sure I'd eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner too if it was in my kitchen. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo i almost bought that cookbook! Definitely need to now! That sweet bread looks de-licious!! Whats the best way to store it? I never know how to store fresh breads like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love the idea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to try this sweet dough. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love sweet dough and your bread looks delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you tried their regular bread dough yet? SOOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's up to every one, for the reason that I am genuinely keen of reading this weblog's post to be updated on
    a regular basis. It contains pleasant stuff.


    Look at my web page :: Rolland Garros

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...