Friday, April 12, 2013

Jamba Juice Copy Cat Five Fruit Frenzy


There have been several moments in my three year marriage that I wanted to say "I told you so..."  I would like to say that I held my tongue most times. I am not that kind of girl though.

Mr. J for the longest time would not have Jamba Juice. I don't know why. He just wouldn't order one. Finally about four months ago he had one and loved it. For a while he suggested we make the 20 minute trek to the closest one just so he could have another. This is a time I when I said "I told you so."

Then I tried to tell him we could make his beloved Five Fruit Frenzy at home. He didn't believe me. Mainly I think this was because most of my smoothies are jammed packed with spinach and green. He thinks they are foul without ever trying one. 

Finally I made one with only fruit.  Mostly berries. No milk. Certainly no yogurt. 

I made him try it. 

The first attempt he said was close. Now he says they are just like the Five Fruit Frenzy from Jamba Juice. I definitely said "I told you so."

Mornings have never been the same.


Jamba Juice Copy Cat Five Fruit Frenzy

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: blender breakfast beverage banana blueberries
Ingredients (serves 2)
  • 1C orange juice
  • 1C frozen berries mix (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
  • 1 frozen banana
  • (alternatively 1 banana and 3 or 4 ice cubes)
Instructions
Put all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
Powered by Recipage

6 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing and SO refreshing. It will be perfect for the upcoming Summer months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... love a refreshing fruit smoothie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of with your hubby on the green drinks...but your berry jamba juice looks phenomenal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to drink this spinach/cucumber/parsley/carrot/lemon/celery drink every morning for 3 months. I really need to do that again because I lost a lot of weight doing it... then again this look much tastier and my kids will drink it too :)

    Don't you love when you can make something at home and not pay the high prices. I love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I have never had Jamba Juice (I don't think). There is one up the street so I will have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...