Monday, July 29, 2013

Fresh Zucchini Oven Chips {SRC}



July is ending and that means it is time for the Secret Recipe Club posting.  This month I had Laura from a Healthy Jalapeno.  Laura is also from Connecticut. Instant connection. Don't you just love those. 

She had a sorts of yummy goodies to pick from. I had trouble deciding between the Irish Cream Latte Guinness Cupcakes  and the Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake.



In the end I went with the Fresh Zucchini Oven Chips to fit with the season. I had a boat load of zucchini.  Zucchini chips were a new and fun way to have some of our zucchini. They were delicious and came out super pretty. 

My one regret is that I used Panko bread crumbs.  Not recommended. They were too thick with the breading and didn't stick as well as I would have liked. Regular bread crumbs are best. 




Thanks for sharing A Healthy Jalapeno!


Secret Recipe Club

Zucchini Oven Chips

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 1/4 cup dry whole wheat breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tbsp low-fat milk (or almond milk)
  • 2 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 small)
  • Cooking spray
Instructions
Preheat oven to 425°.

Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place milk in a shallow bowl.

Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet.

Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.
Powered by Recipage


16 comments:

  1. Interesting that the Panko did not work too well, I can see that would be a problem, I am very fond of Panko but it's true that they don't stick as well

    Zucchini is always welcome at our table, great choice for your reveal day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are my absolute favorite chips!!! great choice. fellow SRC group D member

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delicious pick for SRC and one that I may make as I have so many courgettes at the moment! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm - those look awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love zucchini chips! I like to dip ours in a sriracha mayo for a little spice! Awesome pick this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to eat zucchini chips. Yours turned out beautifully. Great pick and Happy SRC Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good idea to use up some zukes! Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! Sounds yummy....I made zucchini fries several months ago and they were so yummy even my youngest liked them

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have SOOO many zucchinis from my garden to use up... thanks for another great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE zucchini. LOVE it. But unfortunately our produce up here is horrible and zucchini is rare :( These look super addictive! Great pick for reveal day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We're growing our own zucchini this year + this would be a great use for 'em. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What perfect timing! Zucchini just went on sale here...I'll be making these as soon as I can! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These sound so tasty! Perfect time for zucchini!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. scrumptious without frying...so healthy and tasty...perfect snacking
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always wanted to try these zucchini oven chips... your photos looks so tempting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love baked zucchini chips and could eat a truckload all by myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...