Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekend Edition: I beat the wallpaper

My life is quite exciting these days. Saturday morning we had some one come out to look at our kitchen.  Our dishwasher died a few weeks ago. We knew it was old when we bought the house but were hoping it would last another year or two. No luck there. Four months in and it is kaput. This wouldn't be a huge deal just to replace it except for the fact that the floors were built around it. To get the old one out we literally have to tear up half the kitchen.  Hello kitchen renovation!  I am excited about all of the possibilities but this little big project is about two years too soon. 

Later in the day someone came out to estimate for extra insulation in the attic.  We are a little late in the game this year to be doing such work but better late than never.  The dollar amount on that little project was not what we were hoping either.


The free project I worked on this weekend was removing wallpaper. We are officially down to one room left.  It took several hours and multiple bowls of hot water and soap but the paper is gone.  I looked at it one panel at a time and as a game.  At the end of the day. I won!

Now bring on the paint.

I hope you had an equally as productive weekend! 

In case you missed it here is what I was up to last week:



      4 comments:

      1. That baked ravioli...I've been thinking about it all week!

        ReplyDelete
      2. Yay.. I'm glad you took the wallpaper on and won. Hope you had a great weekend. :)

        ReplyDelete
      3. Good for you, showing that wallpaper who's boss! And those muffins look AMAZING!

        ReplyDelete
      4. Woo hoo for beating the wallpaper!! ;)

        ReplyDelete

      Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

      You might also like reading:

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...