Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Beets, Happenings, and WIAW


If I could have Chipotle each day I would be a happy camper. A little bit of crunch, plus warm beans and rice, and then the guacamole.  Really besides chocolate, nothing is better.

I am in St. Louis for a few days and wish it was warmer. I am still waking up to zero degree temperatures.  When will it end?  I should consider myself lucky not to be dealing with the ice though.


This winter seems to be all about the beets. I am indifferent to beets. I will eat them but don't go out of my way to incorporate them into my diet. My coworker was going on and on about how much she enjoys beets last night so we ended up splitting a salad at dinner that had beets.  The restaurant divided it between two dishes in the kitchen. Love it when they do that?


Dinner was a massive dish of bouillabaisse. This was definitely a highlight of the day.  Of course the cookies for dessert was a nice bonus too.  I typically stay at Hilton brand hotels when traveling and most serve cookies in the evening.  M&M cookies are a rarity but my favorite. I grabbed two when I realized that was the type for the day. Score!



2 comments:

  1. I'm not usually a huge fan of beets but I had a beet salad last night and it was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh... traveling with all this bad weather around... you are one brave person. I just want to hunker down and not look out of my door.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...