Thursday, February 13, 2014

Chocolate Chip Waffles for Two

A classic buttermilk waffle recipe jazzed up with mini chocolate chips sized perfectly for a breakfast for two. 


Yesterday I woke up in St. Louis, traveled through Detroit, landed in Connecticut and drove to Maine. And yes I was tired come night time.  I am now safe and sound in a hotel room waiting for the snow to pile up.



I wish I was home snuggled up on the couch in front of a fire and eating these waffles. Mr. J and I had dreams of a big breakfast last weekend. He wanted eggs, bacon and potatoes. I wanted waffles. We ended up with a little of everything but my waffles were the winner.



I took a basic buttermilk waffle recipe and jazzed it up with a touch of cinnamon and mini chocolate chips. Topped with homemade whipped cream and berries and you have some mighty fine waffles.



I have to say this is probably one of the more perfect breakfast in bed recipes to share with the one you love for Valentine's Day.  Enjoy!!




Chocolate Chip Waffles for Two

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (2 waffles)
  • 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1¾ cups buttermilk
  • ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • ½ cup mini chocolate chips
Instructions
In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients, set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.

Combine the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently whisk to combine. Do not overmix. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.

Spray a waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray, then preheat. Once the waffle maker is ready, add the batter according to the manufacturer's instructions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the waffle maker indicates they are ready.

Serve immediately with whipped cream and maple syrup.
Powered by Recipage


5 comments:

  1. Girl these waffles are gorgeous! You could like...open a restaurant and serve these waffles :P LOVE EM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still seem to cook for a family of 5 when there are not 5 of us living here anymore. I'm definitely saving this recipe...it looks perfect. Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to make waffles and freeze them. They make a quick breakfast. Another recipe to make Chocolate Chip Waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these waffles... they would be great to give me some energy to go shovel outside. Brrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those waffles look amazing. So glad I discovered your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...