Wednesday, February 5, 2014

WIAW and Snow Day


I was suppose to be in Ohio today. Yesterday my flights were canceled and rebooked three different times.  We woke up to 6 inches of heavy snow.  Shortly after we woke up it switched to freezing rain. I was very happy to be home and not in Ohio.


I still have to go to the Midwest tomorrow. Fingers crossed I get in and out before the next storm hits.  But because my schedule has been so chaotic lately, my meals have been too.


Here is a random gathering of eats over the last few days. Here are some from our non-party Super Bowl evening. Mr. J started prepping at 4pm.  I am home to unexpected stuffed peppers wrapped in bacon.


Hot chicken wings! For Mr. J though these were mild. We could actually feel our lips when we were done.


Snow day lunch of cauliflower sauce pasta. This was a first for me and I loved it.


Since I was not suppose to be home I hadn't planned on so many meals.  We needed takeout. Chinese is always good on a cold winter day.

What do you eat on a snow day?


4 comments:

  1. Yeah, the weather stinks all over. I think we're going to get pretty cold tomorrow...hope it's not as brutal in Ohio. I need to check out your cauliflower sauce...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to make the cauliflower pasta! It looks so yummy! Hope the traveling works out with all the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so done with winter... we are also getting hit with so much snow... freezing rain and freezing temperatures. My kids are becoming totally lazy since they are constantly getting snow days and delays. Now they think going to school is annoying. I am just waiting for spring... but until then I can enjoy your goodies shared above. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...