Thursday, February 12, 2015

Baby Update: Week 37


Baby things are slowly taking over our house.  It makes me excited and nervous all at one. Today I am officially 37 weeks and full term.  It seems like I have waited for this moment for eternity.  I am still not convinced I am ready for our little one to make her appearance but I know if she did we would be alright. 

Since we are nearing the end I thought I would give you a little update.

Total weight gain: 21 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes and no. I can still wear some of my workout and lounge wear and do all weekend long.  Anything else though doesn't fit. In fact some of the maternity shirts I got back in October/November are a bit too small lengthwise. The gap between your pants and shirt is just not good in general but practically speaking it isn't comfortable either when it is freezing outside. 

Nursery: The only thing left is some art work for the walls. I love how it all came together. Is it weird that I go and sit in it each night before bed?
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Not well. I pretty much get up every night from 1-2 am and don't fall back asleep till around 4 am.  From then on it is restless sleep where I flip from side to side till 6.  Since I go to bed from 8-9 pm I still feel like I am getting enough but I feel pretty useless during my 2-3 hour awake time. 
Movement: She moves all of the time. I find it so distracting not just the feeling but the fact that my stomach bulges each time.  I don't think I am ever going to get use to this sensation. 
Food cravings: Not really. If there are sweets around I will take them, ice cream sounds best.  I still like all things bread and cheese although this week we branched out and had a real meal plan with chicken and veggies one night and chili another night. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Anything that would have made me gag in the past still bothers me.  We had smelly trash this week that one morning sent me over the edge.
Belly Button in or out? Still in.
Wedding rings on or off? On and fitting loosely.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I am pretty neutral. Mr. J is helping out big time and I am super appreciative of everything extra he is doing for the baby and to help me out.

Annoyances: Having strangers make horrible comments to me. I went to the mall the other day and left my coat in the car since I didn't want to carry it around. I was outside for maybe a minute and some woman commented that she hoped I wasn't making the baby sick.   I also have completely lost my mind. I am normally 100% on top of things but lately my pregnancy mind has gotten worse.  I think I routine wash my face twice in the shower because I am never 100% sure if I did it the first time.  Also, yesterday at the gym I apparently put my coat in one locker and my bag in another locker. When it was time to go I got my bag and realized my coat was missing. After 5 minutes of opening every other locker I finally found my coat. I had no recollection of where it could have been.  Arg! 
Looking forward to: Being able to put on my shoes with less effort and not getting winded after a flight of stairs. 


2 comments:

  1. oh man pregnancy brain is gonna get me haaaard when it's my turn-I know it! So awesome that you don't have any stretch marks and are doing so well! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have totally done amazing during your pregnancy.. I can't wait to hear the big news soon and see lots of photos of the baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...