Thursday, February 19, 2015

Baby Update: Week 38

The house has become overwhelmed by baby things. Every where you look there is something baby related.  I find this funny since she isn't even here yet. I wonder what it will be like once she does come.  Clear it will be even more exaggerated. It a way I like it. It is our new norm.

Here are the stats for the week:
Total weight gain: 23 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes! Sadly my winter coat is at the breaking point. I can barely get the zipper to go up around my belly. Mr. J has a coat I can wear but it is super ugly. Two weeks, two weeks!

Nursery: Hopefully some of the decorations I ordered are coming today!!
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: I was doing much better and then last night I couldn't sleep at all. Besides the bathroom breaks I am in general just uncomfortable. When I lay on might left side my leg hurts when I lay on my right side my arm falls asleep.  I just switch back and forth all night long. This is not an easy process with all of my pillows and gigantic belly. 
Movement: She still moves all of the time but it definitely feels different. There is no extra space so even the slightest difference is very impactful. And oh do I have to pee a lot. I am trying to stay really hydrated even if I have just gone to the bathroom if she starts moving I am back up again within minutes.
Food cravings: Nope but I am all about meal planning and prepping for after she comes.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, in fact I have felt pretty good for a while now.
Belly Button in or out? Still in.
Wedding rings on or off? On and fitting loosely.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Exhausted and anxious.  This whole unknown due date is driving my type A planning persona crazy!

Annoyances: It is not OK for strangers or really anyone to ask me if I am dilated yet. That is just wrong. Also when my Dr. tells me the baby isn't coming any time soon. Although I don't want her to show up today. That statement makes it seem like forever away. Ahh!
Looking forward to: Sleeping on my belly again. Date night on Saturday!




4 comments:

  1. ahhhhh! you poor thing! hopefully you'll have your sweet lil girl soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleeping on my belly again! YES!
    I don't know if it's because it's not my first, but the dilation/effacement doesn't bother me. But I can see where others feel it's a little bit personal. I heard someone say that she was gonna start asking personal questions right back haha. What does drive me insane is "how are you feeling?" and everybody saying to my family "she hasn't had the baby yet?" - I haven't even hit my due date yet, folks! Calm down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She could be here anytime!!! My first was due on Jan 5 and my doc told me it was fine for me to drive 2 hours home for Christmas (Bill had to work). He was born on the 27th--and thankfully I came home on the 26th. You never know! I'm excited for you, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I remember those days. Enjoy every minute. It just gets better and better as your baby grows!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...