Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I am turning 31

Oh my it is September. September is my favorite month. I look forward to this time of year every year. But in all honesty it really took me by surprise. How is it September already?  Besides the obvious favorites of apple and pumpkin goodies, hooded sweatshirts and colorful leaves Septembers marks my birthday month. 

I am turning 31 next week. Do I feel old? Yes and no. I will always look forward to birthdays, mine and everyone else's. Life definitely changed this year with the arrival of Olivia. And although I struggled sometimes with these changes (like a night of no sleep followed by a long day at work) I truly enjoy the direction my life has taken. 30 was a great year and I am looking forward to what I and my family are going to experience this next year. 

As part of my celebrating I intend to treat myself to a few goodies. My birthday and Christmas lists are ongoing. I add to them throughout the year in anticipation of these big events. You know, I want to be helpful in case family members need some ideas.  I don't think I will ever be too old for gifts. So for those of you who might want to treat me to something special next week, here are a few recent favorites.



Cookbooks! I have my eye on two this year. Dinner for Two by Julie Wampler and Grandbaby Cakes by Jocelyn Adams.



I have been holding out on a spiralizer for months.  OXO just came out with this small handheld version



Zoodles here I come. 

And this marble slab from Sur la Table. I see it fitting in perfectly with our new kitchen.



I also want about a bizillion things for the house. But a new couch probably isn't going to happen for my birthday. 

Now I just need to decide on a birthday cake.  

5 comments:

  1. Happiest of (almost) birthdays to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter's birthday is next week, too. And she's still deciding on her cake---hope she decides soon since I have to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should create and share with us a public Amazon.com wishlist so we can repay you for all your hard work. :) I wouldn't mind buying you a couple of books if I knew where to send them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Happy belated birthday! I turned 31 about 6 weeks ago and I am with you, I feel young and old at the same time. I love your birthday list..I might just get myself a late birthday present with that Marble slab

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...