Monday, March 28, 2016

Hawaiian Roll Ham and Cheese Sliders #secretrecipeclub

Did you have a good Easter?  We had a marvelous one.  Lots of love with family. Brunch.  Egg hunting and basket finding.  Now are you wondering what to do with all of the ham?

Well I have the perfect solution for you.  These Hawaiian Roll Ham and Cheese sliders are a quick dinner.  They make ham and cheese sandwiches a bit more special and are sure to please your hungry family members. 




I got this recipe from Lynsey at Lynsey Lou's.  She was my secret blog for The Secret Recipe Club March posting. Lynsey has been cooking for a while, learning from your mom and grandma.  She won her husband over with her good eats. I can see why. I found several recipes on her site which I knew would make my man pretty happy. When it came down to it it was between the ham and cheese sliders and the Pepperoni pizza monkey bread



We didn't have ham for Easter and this was a welcomed meal from my hubby to get his ham fix. I followed the recipe with the exception of adding poppy or sesame seeds. I am not really a seed fan.  You can make these ahead of time and then just throw them in the oven when you are ready to eat.  Perfect for a party or a quick dinner.   



I made these with frozen fries and a broccoli salad from the grocery store deli. Talk about an easy dinner.  The sliders were amazing and really made the meal.  Thanks Lynsey for such a yummy recipe!



Hawaiian Roll Ham and Cheese Sliders

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: bake sandwich cheese ham
Ingredients (12 sandwiches)
    For the sandwiches-
    • 1 (12 count) package King's Hawaiian Rolls
    • 12 Pieces honey or maple glazed ham, thinly sliced
    • 12 Pieces swiss or provolone cheese
    • 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
    • 2-3 Tbsp mustard, depending on taste
    For the sauce-
    • 1 Stick unsalted butter
    • 2 Tsp mustard powder
    • 1 Tbsp minced onion
    • 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    • 2 1/2 Tsp sesame or poppy seeds
    Instructions
    For the sandwiches-
    Split the rolls in half. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and mustard and stir to combine. Spread the mixture on the top and bottom half of the rolls. Fold the ham in quarters and place on each roll. Top ham with cheese, followed by the top of the rolls.

    Place the sandwiches in a Pyrex baking dish that is slightly larger than the rolls.

    For the sauce-
    Place butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted. Add the mustard powder, onion, Worcestershire and seeds and whisk to combine. Pour evenly over the rolls. Cover with foil and allow to chill for at least 1 hour, or overnight.

    Remove pan from fridge and allow to come to room temperature.

    Preheat oven to 350. Place the sandwiches in the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown and cheese has melted.
    Powered by Recipage




    10 comments:

    1. Yumm!! I love how easy these are - I've made them before but it's been awhile, these are a great make ahead meal.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I have leftover biscuits and ham from Easter dinner, this would be a great way to use them.

      ReplyDelete
    3. YUM! These look so good! I have leftover rolls and ham. This is going to be a great meal tonight, thank you!

      ReplyDelete
    4. How easy and delectable looking! My husband would love these. We didn't have ham either, and I know he missed it.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Oh wow! My husband would love these! Definitely a great way to use up extra ham from Easter.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Happy reveal day! I'm so glad you enjoyed these and that your husband got his ham fix. These are a staple and a favorite in our house!

      ReplyDelete
    7. We tend to do ham at Christmas rather than Easter so will be keeping it in mind for then. My boys would love these!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Hawaiian Rolls are so amazing I am guilty of just eating them plain!

      ReplyDelete
    9. These look great and I've been noticing people making and bringing them to a lot of functions lately. Great choice.

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

    You might also like reading:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...